| Jan 28 2011, 6:56 AM | PrintGoogle Apps IMAP Account Setup on Outlook 2003
To set up your Outlook 2003 client to work with Google Apps:
- Enable IMAP in Google Apps. Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done.
- Open Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu, and select E-mail Accounts...
- Click Add a new e-mail account, then click Next.
- Choose IMAP as your server type by clicking the radio button, and click Next.
- Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:
Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address: Enter your full email address (username@Google Apps.com). Google Apps users, enter your address in the format username@your_domain.com
Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.Google Apps.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.Google Apps.com
User Name: Enter your full email address (including @website.com or @your_domain.com)
Password: Enter your Google Apps password.
- Click More Settings... and then click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication' and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab, and check the box next to 'This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)' under Incoming Server (IMAP). Also, enter 993 in the Incoming server (IMAP) box.
- Check the box next to 'This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)' under Outgoing Server (SMTP), and enter 465 in the Outgoing server (SMTP) box.
- Click OK.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
Was this answer helpful?
Microsoft Outlook 2007 In Outlook 2007, from theToolsmenu, selectAccount Settings. On...
On some networks, Windows Vista® may not allow you to download large email messages or file...
If you are starting the Microsoft outlook 2010 for the first time, you will be...
To configure Outlook 2007 for your Google Apps address: Enable POP in your email...
To set up your Outlook 2007 client to work with Google Apps: Enable IMAP in...