Google Apps IMAP Account Setup on Outlook 2007
To set up your Outlook 2007 client to work with Google Apps:
- Enable IMAP in Google Apps. Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done.
- Open Outlook.
- For new setups, select Do not upgrade.
- Click Yes.
- Enter your display name, email address (including '@website.com'), and password. Google Apps users, enter your full email address, e.g. 'username@your_domain.com.'
- Select the 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types' check box.
- Select Internet E-mail.
- Settings: name, full email address (including '@website.com' or '@your_domain.com')
- In the Account Type drop down menu, select IMAP; enter the incoming and outgoing server names shown below.
- In the 'User Name' field, give your full Google Apps address, including '@website.com' or '@your_domain.com.'
- After creating these settings, clicking Next takes you to the end of the setup.
- In the Tools menu, select Options then Mail Setup. Under 'Email Accounts,' click E-mail Accounts.
- Select an account, and click Change above the list of accounts. Click More Settings, then the Advanced tab.
- Incoming server must be 993, and must use SSL encryption.
- Outgoing server can use 587, TLS encryption.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab. Make sure that 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication' is selected. The radio button 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server' should also be selected.
- Click OK > Next > Finish > Close > OK.
Was this answer helpful?
Microsoft Outlook 2007 In Outlook 2007, from theToolsmenu, selectAccount Settings. On...
To set up your Outlook 2003 client to work with Google Apps: Enable IMAP in Google Apps....
On some networks, Windows Vista® may not allow you to download large email messages or file...
If you are starting the Microsoft outlook 2010 for the first time, you will be...
To configure Outlook 2007 for your Google Apps address: Enable POP in your email...